The King of the Fruit - Durians

I had a wonderful weekend with William and BengBeng at William's fruit orchard a.k.a William's ancestral village. It is located at rural Sg. Teku where you need to drive 20minutes from Sibu town.



This is the main purpose that we went there. Durian season is here again. You either love them or hate them. I've been seeing those big, thorny, smelly fruits every time and everywhere in my hometown.



Durians have a strong smell and a unique taste. My friend told me that the durian tastes like heaven and the smells like hell. But too bad, I'm not a durian lover!




This is the guy who has a great skill to open the durians without using any gloves



The durian trees are relatively large, growing to 25-50 metres in height depending on the species.



You can found Durians everywhere and every corner around the orchard.



William and Bengbeng were hunting for Durians.


To be continue...



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems so yummy! Thanks for sharing ^^

pinkylicious said...

I think need to put on helmet when visiting the durian orchard :P. Later a durian fall down from the tree....gone....

Anonymous said...

i like durian, not love.. too much is very heaty..
is de first photo u?

Anonymous said...

Durian~ Heaty for me now...

Victor Kiu said...

Angeline: Oh Yeah!! Thanks for dropping by my blog..

Emo: We didn't bring any helmet.. Luckily you still saw me blogging here!! lols..

Cbenc12: you must drink some salt water to reduce the heat. Yeah, That's me..

Keeyit: Lols, i think malaysian and singaporen can't live without Durians..

Bengbeng said...

great photography. how is the weekend food thingy? http://www.kongkay1.blogspot.com will be in Sibu this weekend.

Victor Kiu said...

Thanks Beng! I will be in Simulanjau Bintulu this weekend. How about next week?

Shionge said...

I love durians but need to go slow in view of high carbo :) Still, when it is in season I just have to have some.

Great post :D